Click here to edit title

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > synthesizers

synthswirl

hello ohead i  have just discovered this band and i really like what i hear, any chance of listing the synths that are being used on your albums, i am a guitar player but recently started playing around with synths and i really like the sounds of these synths/keyboards on these cds.  i just ordered visitor and am very excited to add your music to my collection. thank you, keep up the good work.

February 7, 2012 at 6:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ohead
Site Owner

Greetings synthswirl and welcome to the ohead family. Thank you for your kind comments, i hope you enjoy the new album, it's on it's way.

The synths used on ohead releases are

Novation  Nova,  Novation KS,  Novation A-Station,  Roland JP8080,  Roland JV2080,  Roland XP50,  Yamaha EX5R,  Oberheim OB12 and some Korg thingy which i can't remember the name of at the mo.

My favourite bit of kit is the Novation Nova, close second is the Roland JP8080 and these two probably get used the most.

--

February 8, 2012 at 6:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

synthswirl

thanks for the info ohead, that is a lot of equipment you use ,no wonder your music sounds so full and diverse. i own a korg karma, korg microkorg, novation x station and supernova and i am looking to expand my collection, i have heard great things about the roland jp8080, i will look into that one. on a side note the people that create your videos (headlab) do they have dvds of their stuff or a website? i love the videos they make for you, it fits very well with your music, also the artwork for the visitor cd is amazing. thanks again really looking forward to hearing all of your music keep up the good work ,the world needs more music like this.

February 8, 2012 at 11:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ohead
Site Owner

Thanks alot and good sound creating my friend. HeadLab is actually me, just a name i use for the visual side of things.

--

February 13, 2012 at 2:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.