Click here to edit title

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > 20 Favourite Albums

ohead
Site Owner

Hard to boil down so much great music to just 20 but the following are probably the most played over the years and many have been a great influence on the music i create now.

In no paticular order,

Eloy-Planets,  Tangerine Dream-Ricochet,  Syzygy-Morphic Resonance,  The Tubes-The Tubes,  Robin Trower-For Earth Below,  Rush-Moving Pictures,  Underworld-A Hundred Days Off,  Ozric Tentacles-Erpland,  Cencus Of Hallucinations-Anthology,  Pink Floyd-Dark Side Of The Moon,  Loop Guru-Fountains Of Paradise,  Holy River Family Band-Earthquake Country,  Primal Scream-Screamadelica,  Argent-Encore,  Drum Club-Drums Are Dangerous,  Jah Wobble and The Invaders Of The Heart-Take Me To God,  Porcupine Tree-On The Sunday Of Life,  Suns Of Arqa-Solar Activity,  Astralasia-Axis Mundi,  Magic Mushroom Band-R U Spaced Out 2

--

July 31, 2011 at 5:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MyMagneticCamel

ohead at July 31, 2011 at 5:33 AM

Hard to boil down so much great music to just 20 but the following are probably the most played over the years and many have been a great influence on the music i create now.

In no paticular order,

Eloy-Planets,  Tangerine Dream-Ricochet,  Syzygy-Morphic Resonance,  The Tubes-The Tubes,  Robin Trower-For Earth Below,  Rush-Moving Pictures,  Underworld-A Hundred Days Off,  Ozric Tentacles-Erpland,  Cencus Of Hallucinations-Anthology,  Pink Floyd-Dark Side Of The Moon,  Loop Guru-Fountains Of Paradise,  Holy River Family Band-Earthquake Country,  Primal Scream-Screamadelica,  Argent-Encore,  Drum Club-Drums Are Dangerous,  Jah Wobble and The Invaders Of The Heart-Take Me To God,  Porcupine Tree-On The Sunday Of Life,  Suns Of Arqa-Solar Activity,  Astralasia-Axis Mundi,  Magic Mushroom Band-R U Spaced Out 2

Hi Ohead,

Very interesting to read your list.  I few things there that I'd forgotten about and some things that are completely new to me to check out, which is great, thanks!   i've seen the name of Eloy a lot but never heard them, will have to check them out.  I know Suns of Arqa but never heard 'Solar Activity' so likewise I'll be looking out for that.  I had " Drums are Dangerous" on vinyl. I really loved that album. Don't know why but I seem to have lost my cd of that one, I'll have to see if I can  find it on ebay as I did with 'Live in Iceland". 

Here's my top 20, in no particular order.  I thought that I would struggle to find 20 albums that I really love but the opposite was the case.I didn't  even find room for the likes of Juan Atkins (Model 500), Jeff Mills, Jah Wobble, Hawkwind, Rakim, etc

Inner City Unit "Passout - the 360 degree psyco-deleria  sound  /Nik Turner's Sphynx "Xitintoday" / System 7 "point 3: water remixes"

Clock DVA "Signs" / Tim Blake's Crystal Machine "Live in Exeter" (Official download) /  Syd Barrett "The Madcap Laughs"

/Robert Johnson "Centennial collection  / Daevid Allen "Divided Alien playsbax '80"  / The Damned "Damned, Damned, Damned"

/ Dreamspirit "The Manson Spirit Problem"  / Shpongle "Are you Shpongled?"  / Halluncinogen/Ott "Hallunciongen in Dub"

/ Captain Beefheart "Doc at the Radar Station"  / Terry Riley "In C"  / Psychic TV "Towards the Inifinite Beat"

/ Plastikman "Sheet One"   / SlackBaba "And the beat goes Om...."  /Miles Davis  "Dark Magus"  /Banco de Gaia "Last train to Lhasa"

Public Image Ltd "Metal Box"

August 28, 2011 at 2:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

johnnyboy

20 albums.. wow  how about artists... Arno..klaus Schulze..hawkwind...robert fox.. david wright..ohead..asana....sensational alex harvey band..trisomie 21.afro celt..etc

November 20, 2011 at 2:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Spiralmind

What, no ohead??!!

February 8, 2012 at 7:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Spiralmind

I have just discovered a band from Sweden called "My Brother the Wind" Really high quality space rock. Similar to Oresund Space Collective but more consistent in some ways. Excellent stuff IMHO.

January 11, 2016 at 10:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.